Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hoping for Holidays

          Hola! I promised myself I would start posting more often on this blog. That was months ago, so I gave up on that. I finally accepted the fact that I am completely horrible at blogging and I will forever be posting this blog to myself and only myself. But to make up for all of the lost time: Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy-Merry Colombus Day, Merry Kwanzaa, Happy Christmas, Happy National Cookie Day (that's on December 4th, by the way), and Happy New Years. For media, I have found uno song, one or two movies, a TV show to "die" for, and complete randomness.
          Has anyone ever heard of Karmin? Some might say yes, some might say no. Karmin is a couple who do R&B covers on Youtube. Honestly, I don't listen to R&B. I absolutely hate it. You can disagree with me - that's alright. Well, once upon a time, this R&B-covering couple decided to make their own cover of "Look at Me Now" by Chris Brown. This cover got over a million hits and, suddenly, they were famous. Several months later they came out with their own original single called "Crash Your Party". Honestly, the name is kind of cheesy if you think about it, but overall it's a pretty good song.
          Apparently the last Apollo mission was Apollo 17. In the movie Apollo 18, it shows a theory of what could have happened during the Apollo 18 mission and why it was never actually listed on the missions. It's almost like Paranormal Activity gone sci-fi and in space. SPOILER ALERT: The rock sample the astronauts discover is actually an alien and attacks one of the men. That man goes crazy and attacks the uncontaminated one while he is trying to escape the moon on a Russian aircraft that was abandoned years ago by a Russian astronaut that got called by the moon rock alien things. It was fairly boring half of the time (like all Blair Witch Project movies), but once it finally got to some creepy alien scenes, it almost made up for the first half of the movie.
          Now, as I mentioned earlier, I have to tell you about the show to "die" for - literally. For this show, you have most likely heard that pun a gazillion times, but why not go along with the overuse of it? This infamous show possesses the name of American Horror Story. Honestly, it's my favorite show. All of the characters are messed up in all of their own little ways. A small family move to a different town when the wife finds her husband in the act of cheating on her. This husband is a psychiatrist. They move into the "Murder House," of which locals call it. All previous owners of the house were found dead, none other than murdered by an unknown source. The daughter Violet meets a boy about her age named Tate. Later you find out he's the son of the kleptomaniac-obviously-hiding-something neighbor, and that he's a ghost. He died because he was a psycho murderer when he was living and randomly killed several of the students in his school library. Well anyway, there's also a crazed man who has horrible burn injuries on an entire side of his body, used to be married to the neighbor, and keeps blackmailing the psychiatrist husband because the man killed the woman whom the psychiatrist cheated on his wife with (they both happen to be pregnant). If that isn't enough for you, then you might want to know that I only listed a few characters out of many. ;)
          And for the complete randomness: I got a Nintendo 3DS. :D I know, I know. That just makes me a creepy little nerd/geek. Oh well, then. I can't hear you over my 3D Mario jumps. But I hope you had a good Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, whatever. Here is my Holiday present to you: a holidayish quote!

"A holiday is when you celebrate something that's all finished up, that happened a long time ago and now there's nothing left to celebrate but the dead."
-Abraham Polonsky 

 Merry Christmas!
                                                                                                        -<3 H

No comments:

Post a Comment